Submissions to the WhatWorks Award program are anonymized before they are assigned to judges. The applications will then be judged by a team of Bersin by Deloitte analysts and consultants, each of whom has years of experience in the HR, talent, and learning industry as well as volunteer industry thought leaders, not employed by Deloitte Consulting LLP.
The judges use the following criteria to assess the applications:
- The degree of difficulty and/or the significance of the problem. Organizations generally will be judged in comparison to similarly-sized organizations.
- Demonstrated proof of positive business impact based on the change, initiative, program or process improvement described in applications.
- Innovation in approach.
The Judging Process
The WhatWorks Award program has a multi-stage judging process.
- Stage 1: Your submission will be made anonymous. Any identifying information will be stripped from your response and an identifying code will be applied for matching submissions to submitters after the judging process is complete.
- Stage 2: The panel will score your answers using a five point scale.
- Stage 3: The scores will be used to trim the applicant pools to one finalist in each category. The judges will notify the finalists in March 2017.
- Stage 4: The finalists for the five categories will present their stories at IMPACT: The Business of Talent, Bersin by Deloitte's annual conference May 2017 in Hollywood, Florida.
- Stage 5: IMPACT conference attendees will vote on the finalists, choosing one overall WhatWorks Award recipient.
Finalist organizations, including the WhatWorks Ultimate Award Recipient, and their innovative and unique programs will be showcased in Human Resource Executive magazine.